Portfolio State of Nevada
State of Nevada utilizes ANR’s Microsoft DBAs and Developers for various projects
Client Information and Requirements:
State of Nevada – Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is one of the largest departments in the state and is comprised of five Divisions including: Aging and Disability Services, Child and Family Services, Health Care Financing and Policy (Medicaid), Public and Behavioral Health, and Welfare and Supportive Services. The total DHHS budget represents nearly one third of the entire state budget.
State of Nevada – Department of Education (DOE) – its mission is to improve student achievement and educator effectiveness by ensuring opportunities, facilitating learning, and promoting excellence.
DHHS’s project goal was to re-implement an Access application principled on the State of Oregon’s Radioactive Materials Licensing program and migrate all radiological data so as to retire the state’s radiological DBMS.
DOE’s project mandate was to digitalize the whole interaction and control of the department using Microsoft SQL Server and SharePoint.
ANR’s Solution and Services:
ANR’s Microsoft Certified DBAs and Developers provided the following solutions and services:
- Provided new graphical user interfaces and programming of user-interface layer using .NET framework.
- Designed and developed a new relational database, modeling its schema after analysis of both; State of Oregon and State of Nevada’s radiological database.
- Conducted a system’s analysis of application and databases of both; State of Oregon’s Radioactive Materials Licensing program; and, State of Nevada’s Radiology system.
- Provided a gap analysis report conveying the effort to migrate RCP data to a new application and database.
- Managed and Administrated and developed SQL Server 2008/2005 production and Non-production servers.
- Designed and developed SSIS packages using different control flow tasks and dataflow tasks.
- Generated reports in SSRS using BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio) for Teacher Licensure, Student Identification and other teacher student related specific data.
- Assisted with SharePoint applications, development of web parts and pages and coding using C# and ASP.NET
- Analyzed and tuned long running queries to optimize application and system performance.
- Created and deployed Cubes using SSAS and developed performance related reports.
- ANR’s DBAs team was able to create and manage a stable SQL Server environment based on client requirements.
- Successfully re-implemented and migrated Licensing program and all old data to new systems.
- Assisted with Business Intelligence solutions and created various SSRS reports and SSAS Cubes for the client.
- ANR helped with performance tuning and creation of a stable and reliable SQL Server environment.
- ANR‘s contract was extended twice based on our excellent performance.